These times are challenging and constantly test our adaptability and resilience!
Focused on what we cherish so much, the well-being and safety of everyone, we reinvent ourselves every day to return the affection and choice of customers who have us as a reference. Our policy is to guarantee relaxed and excellent stays with the characteristic that characterizes us: quality, comfort, diversity, hygiene, safety and availability of the entire team.
Our priority is people, whether customers or employees. Everyone is at the top of our daily concerns, now more than ever.
We have always looked after the control and hygiene of all areas of Monte do Giestal, be it in Villas (Casas de Campo), in Spa do Monte, Pool and common areas.
However, and taking into account the context we are going through, this concern is now even more systematized.
All our employees received specific information and / or training on the internal protocol related to the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak, including the appropriate procedures:
– Hand hygiene: wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer that has at least 70% alcohol, covering all surfaces of the hands and rubbing them until they are dry.
– Respiratory etiquette: coughing or sneezing into the flared forearm or using a tissue, which must then be immediately thrown away; Always sanitize your hands after coughing or sneezing and after blowing; Avoid touching the eyes, nose and mouth with your hands.
– Social conduct: change the frequency and form of contact between workers and between them and customers, avoiding close contact, handshakes, kisses.
– Comply with daily self-monitoring to assess fever, check for cough or difficulty breathing.
Before guests enter, the villas are disinfected.
– All clothes are changed and washed at more than 60º.
– All objects are disinfected with certified products.
GUESTS / PROTECTION KIT
– Guests have, in each house and for individual use, dispensers with disinfectant solutions, with at least 70% alcohol, blue soap, disposable masks and gloves.
– We have dispensers with disinfectant solutions with at least 70% alcohol in all common areas, to ensure that our guests regularly disinfect their hands.
– The daily cleaning frequency has been increased. We give preference to furniture subject to greater human contact, such as tables, knobs, keys to access the villas, social sofa, playground area, children’s games and pool table.
– At the reception, an acrylic platform was created to avoid contact with our staff.
– We restrict the presence of guests by areas.
– Breakfast is served in the dining room, and to ensure the necessary social distance, only one or two houses can be present at a time (depending on the total number of guests, per house). Pre-booking is made with each villa to ensure that at the appointed time they can come in and enjoy our traditional delicacies. We will not have a buffet, but we will guarantee the variety of our products on request, with one person from our team properly protected for this purpose. If the customer prefers, breakfast can be served on the terrace or in the comfort of your home, on request.
– We also serve homemade meals, on request, in the villas.
– The water in our two pools (indoor and outdoor) is treated with chlorine, so we decided to increase the amount at the upper limit of the allowed range to also guarantee the maximum possible and recommended level of disinfection.
– Each villa will be assigned 2 sun loungers that are for the exclusive use of guests in that same house. At check-out the sunbeds are disinfected.
-The Spa is temporarily closed, but will open soon with limited access to one or two houses (depending on the total number of guests, per house), for a maximum period of 1 hour. It is not allowed to bathe in the Spa’s changing rooms, the guest having to do so in the comfort of his villa. The treatments (massage and aesthetics) are always maintained by appointment, and with the guarantee, on the part of the therapist, that all the care and norms of the General Directorate of Health will be duly complied with.
MONTE DO GIESTAL HAS
– Personal protective equipment in sufficient numbers for all workers.
– Room to isolate people that can be detected as suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19, with natural ventilation and mechanical ventilation system. It has smooth and washable linings, bathroom, stock of cleaning materials, surgical masks and disposable gloves, thermometer, autonomous waste container, waste bags, used clothes collection bags, kit with water and some non-perishable foods.